Cross pathway private view, 1st Oct

These are my two favourite pieces from today's private view:


Mavis Qu
 What I like about these 2 pictures is their careful composition, the blue and white colour palette, the focus on one character, and the intriguing storytelling aspect.

Joe Brown
What I like about this is it's simplicity, the childlike expression and way it seems fast and messy whilst remaining a confidently exercised piece of work, the use of words and the emotion portrayed through them.

Mavis' work is inspiring to the work I plan to make in exploring personality through appearance and style, and Joe's is more my general style and can inform my exploration into childlike art and the expression of and influence on emotion in art. It's also worth examining his colour palette. He seems to have used quite moody colours, which perhaps enhance the effect of the text.

No comments:

Post a Comment